Monday, October 25, 2010

Different as Black and White

Pin It My girls are as different as night and day, sugar and salt, black and white. When we found out we were expecting again, I was secretly hoping for a boy. I loved my little girl and couldn't imagine another one filling my heart the way Elena did. My husband's words of wisdom from the day we discovered our second child would be a girl, ring true in my ears each day: "I have a feeling each one will fulfill different needs that you may have as a mother."

How right he was! I don't write this to compare the two, just to highlight how my sweet Kate has expanded my heart to love in a way I never thought possible.




Elena slept through the night from 3 weeks old...Kate rarely sleeps through the night.

Elena ate solid foods at four months...Kate has yet to keep down anything other than breast milk.


Elena didn't have a problem going to people...Kate often gets scared or unhappy if we aren't close at hand.

Elena would stare at HERSELF in the mirror for hours...Kate will stare at MOMMY or DADDY for hours.

Elena didn't smile or interact with people much...Kate laughs, smiles, kicks and gets excited for people.

Elena never got the hang of breast feeding...Kate was a pro after the first couple of weeks.

Elena did NOT like to be cuddled...Kate LOVES to be cuddled.

My mother-in-law and I talk often about how we don't understand how two babies from the same mom and dad can be so different, but I wouldn't have it any other way. God knew what he was doing when he entrusted to us these two precious girls. I am so happy HE knew what was best for me and gave me my sweet Katie-Bug. You have filled my heart to overflowing!


The Paper Mama

2 comments:

  1. So sweet - it is truly amazing how two children from the same parents, raised the same way, can be so completely different. And though there are similarities, I even think your girls look very different.
    What a sweet photo, her features are just so delicate!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!