Friday, September 3, 2010

Nursing Cover

Pin It With my first child, I purchased a nursing cover from Target. I had seen other mothers with them at the "Tuesday Tea for Two" meetings at our local hospital. When I pulled it out of the package I was immediately disappointed that I had paid $20 for such a simple contraption. It worked well though and became indispensable with my second child. On Sunday mornings, I nurse Kate in the nursing mother's room in our church nursery. Often times I end up in the room with a number of other moms and several commented on my cover. This inspired me to make one on my own for a friend. Using the following materials, I even had enough fabric left to make a matching drawstring carrying bag.

To make your own, you will need:
about 1 yard of lightweight fabric
about 15" of 1/4" boning
1 set of 1" or 1.25" D rings

I found these helpful tutorials and adapted them a bit.
littlebirdiesecrets: how-to-make-nursing-cover
freshlypicked: breastfeeding-cover-tutorial

Instead of the $20 I paid for mine, it only cost me $7 and about 45 minutes of my time to make what I would consider a very comparable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!