Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Morning at the Apple Orchard

Pin It
Since my husband had the day off Monday, we decided to take advantage of the extra family time (and beautiful weather) by visiting our local apple orchard. It is only a few miles from our house and I can't believe it has taken us this long to discover it! We had never been before and were very impressed with the operation. Though we didn't pick our own apples, we took a stroll by the orchard, played in the children's play area, visited with the animals, and of course, tasted the yummy cider. We couldn't leave empty handed so we purchased a gallon of the cider and a bag of apples to take with us. What a special way to spend a little time with family!
yummy cider & gala apples

Grandpa would be proud!

2 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite time of year, and apple cider is one of the reasons why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it there! Isn't that a neat place!? We go every year and it never gets old. I just found out Keagan's school is heading there for a field trip later this month. I just might have to chaperone that one so I can enjoy it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!