Monday, September 13, 2010

Elena's Nursery Design

Pin It When my first child was born, I dove into decorating her nursery. I was never a big fan of pink so I went with my favorite colors, teal, green, & browns. I found the fabrics and went from there. I painted the room the teal color in the fabrics (though admittedly I was never quiet satisfied with the way the color turned out).


We were SO blessed by a sweet family who GAVE us the crib, changing table and rocking chair. We purchased a book case and my dad had the furniture refinished in a soft yellow to match the fabrics I chose.

I made the window treatments using the paisley fabric and filled the bookshelf with books and toys from my childhood.


I made the bumper pads and bed skirt for the crib and purchase a canopy to hang over the bed.


For a wall hanging, I purchased plastic box photo frames and put the different fabrics used in the room in the frames. Total cost for the wall hanging ended up being less than $20. Then I painted the letters of her name and attached them to the outside of the boxes.


I made throw pillows for the room. Quite possibly my favorite accomplishment was designing and hooking her rug by hand.


Finally, I purchased a mobile from the clearance section for about $7 and used the base for my own mobile design.


I so enjoyed rocking my baby girl in her nursery knowing that I worked so hard on it just for her.

2 comments:

  1. I think it turned out great (even the paint color)! I remember seeing pictures of it a while ago and I was amazed! I know how it is to have things not be *exactly* the way you wanted, though. I do that to myself all the time. Now I'll have to find pictures of Eamon's nursery...Colin never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and looks so warm and cozy. And the rug is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments and connecting with other bloggers...send some comments my way!